Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hi all sorry about the lack of posts lately got a little side tracked a bit like Angie on the weekend but ended up in the same place.
Well I suppose everybody has read the other blogs so you really need my version of Sunday mornings events. It all started out a beautiful day, lovely scenic drive down to that beautiful spot in the hinterland it brought back many fond memories. I now know that they want to do this hill climb in a specific time so off we start and Angie was lagging already so a quick hurry up from me and she was up to speed. Luckily Angie brought her heart rate monitor as her heart rate went straight up, it was about then I thought I had better not talk to her as not to break her concentration that's the sort of caring person I am, it had nothing to do with my inability to talk due to lack of oxygen. It was all going well until I heard this little voice say "OK lets jog now" so off we go picking up the pace until Angie said stop I wanted to keep going but then I thought of Angie and didn't want to push it to much. The highlight was when Angie stopped to make a marker on the track and I remembered Darren's words from the last hike "we don't stop they just have to catch up" and I thought well that's what she will have to do, it was so much fun at the time I felt like the devil made me do it :-)
But my moment of glory was over quickly and Angie was beside me again at least it was not far from the top and I must say I have never been so happy to see a log before. A quick break and a few more glamorous photos and we were off again down the hill over the creek and far away before it was time to turn around and head back for breakfast. All in all I was quite happy with my performance, its would have been better if I did not go out the night before, but there is always next time (apparently).
Now Monday morning and feeling a little stiff went to Johns circuit class, but as the day progressed and so did the pain in my butt, my muscles were really starting to tighten up. But at least I made it to my PT with Amanda, I then find out that Angie did not make it to the gym that afternoon. I am sorry Angie I did not mean to push you that hard :-) I made the mistake of telling Amanda about the pain in my butt as she then put me straight on the climber followed by lunges with weights, I thought just how wonderful is this, to myself of course.
Off for a massage today only one week left after this so looking forward to the end results.

3 comments:

  1. LOL Greg, very amusing blog! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO BOY! GREAT COMEBACK BABE......BIGGER AND BETTER THAN BEN HUR! VERY FUNNY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foxy, Foxy, Foxy! When will you learn? haha
    Well my abs got a work out from laughing so much - nice writing I never knew you had such a good imagination.

    ReplyDelete