Monday, March 23, 2009

Ah Monday and how good is this week going to be (once my legs stop hurting) almost a little sad that it was not a longer challenge but so far I am happy with the results.
On the weekend I had some pressing social engagements that stunted my training capabilities a little, but to my surprise my trainers were there to support me, talk about going above the call of duty, it was also good to see that they too were doing some research into how different substances can alter your training results, well done to all that participated.
Due to the research that I had done on Friday night I decided to rest for the day as I knew that Sunday would be a big morning and I was not disappointed.
Yes a beautiful day three of us all at the gym waiting eagerly to begin but where was Angie? Me being the kind and motivating person I am, I send her a quick text to check and sure enough Angie is soon with us beaming with enthusiasm.
I must say the walk run to Manly was a good work out, though I would have liked to run up Sleath Street a couple of more times just to loosen up a little first but then again I did not want to make us any later than we already were as I was not certain of the time schedule.
It is amazing how many hills there are between Cleveland and Manly when you are not in a car I must admit all was going well until a cramp in my calf, but to Angie's credit she was prepared with a pain killer and off we go again. All in all a good outing, was a little tired from the heat and the huge head winds that we faced but apart from that finished very refreshed and enthusiastic awaiting a well deserved breakfast and coffee.
This morning at John's circuit class I definitely knew I had been on a run but as I said this is the last week and I am feeling good and hopefully train harder this week than any before and try to drop some more weight before the final weigh in. It is a good feeling to actually be in the physical condition to achieve this so all I can say is bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...just saw the photos of the hill ! No wonder your butt and legs are sore!Hopefully our walk this morning helped loosen up those muscles.Keep up the great work this week and you will achieve that loss you so want.

    ReplyDelete